By Stephanie Braswell Edgerton for The Island Connection
The Town of Kiawah Island is seeking volunteers to fill one opening on its Audit Committee and would also like to add a new member to its Arts and Cultural Events Council.
The Audit Committee helps the mayor and Town Council fulfill their responsibility to provide oversight of management regarding the Town’s systems of internal controls and risk management; the integrity of the Town’s financial statements; the Town’s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and ethical standards; and the engagement, independence and performance of the Town’s independent auditors.
The committee meets as needed, usually during the annual audit.
Those who are interested in the position should email their resume to Town Clerk Petra Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job of the Arts and Cultural Events Council is to:
- Source concerts and cultural arts events;
- Assist in the development and distribution of promotional materials;
- Prepare production plans and manage logistics of performances;
- Assist at events;
- Evaluate the event results. The preferred skill set includes:
- Cultural arts background and expertise;
- Excellent planning and organizational capabilities;
- Basic computer skills;
- Knowledge of performing arts and performing arts groups;
- Ability to work in harmony with performing arts groups and Council members.
For more information, email Arts Council Chairman Gary Rice at email@example.com.