By The Town of Kiawah Island for The Island Connection
On Tuesday, Oct. 12, Charleston County Council will hold a public hearing on the proposed rezoning request for Sea Island Golf Planned Development located at 4455 Betsy Kerrison Parkway Johns Island. The undeveloped property between the Municipal Center and Resurrection Road. This parcel is in unincorporated Charleston County. The request is to be rezoned from Single-Family Residential 4 (R-4) to PD-178 Planned Development to allow outdoor recreation (miniature golf course; bocce ball court and picnic area), a café, and an educational exhibit. The Town will submit a letter restating the Town’s position on behalf of the community that includes the community survey results, initially shared with the County’s Planning Commission during their recommendation of disapproval to the County Council.
Residents are encouraged to provide and resubmit any previous comments to County Council as well.
Public hearing details:
• Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at
the Lonnie Hamilton, III Public Services Building (4045 Bridge View Drive North Charleston, SC 29405).
• The meeting will be live-streamed on the County’s website.
• The packet of materials is available online.
Ways to participate:
• Attend the meeting or watch the live stream
• Submit public comments in person at the meeting or in advance by email to CCPC@ charlestoncounty.org or by mail to the address above by noon on Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
Contact the Zoning and Planning Department at (843) 202-7200 for more information. The Town will continue to update the community on the status of the application.