Staff Report for The Island Connection
The Kiawah Island Turtle Patrol loves to share the sea turtle experience with guests and residents.
There are two ways to do this:
- Tag along with their hatching patrol. Each section of the beach is patrolled daily starting at 6:00 a.m. Look for volunteers in their purple turtle patrol shirts.
- Observe a nest inventory. Inventories are scheduled from July through October.
Keep in mind the following when making plans to attend an inventory:
- ALL inventory dates and times are subject to change, primarily due to weather conditions and occasionally due to a status with the nest. Both are at the discretion of the hatching team. They do their best to keep on schedule but sometimes changes have to be made.
- Times listed are estimated. Always best to arrive early.
- There is no street parking; vehicles will be ticketed and/or towed. It’s best to bike or walk to the inventory area.
- NO flash photography is permitted.