By Bonnie Swingle for Island Connection
In response to the expanded tax relief provided by the IRS, the South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) is providing additional tax filing and payment relief as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“While collecting tax dollars and ensuring compliance is critical to the continued fiscal health of South Carolina, we are making every effort to support people and businesses during these uncertain times,” said SCDOR Director Hartley Powell.
Available state tax relief
- Income Tax, Franchise Tax, Estimated Tax, and Corporate License Fee filings and payments originally due between April 1 and July 15 are due July 15, 2020. Individuals, corporations, partnerships, banks, savings and loans, utilities, trusts and estates, and tax-exempt organizations qualify.
- All other state taxes administered by or tax returns filed with the SCDOR originally due April 1– June 1 are now due June 1, 2020.
- This filing and payment relief is applied to all other SCDOR taxes automatically; you do not need to file additional forms to qualify.
Available customer service
Due to COVID-19, phone assistance is temporarily limited, but other service options are readily available.
- MyDORWAY: Individuals and businesses can use MyDORWAY to securely manage South Carolina taxes from a smartphone or computer. Learn more at dor.sc.gov/MyDORWAY.
- Business services: Visit dor.sc.gov/biz-services for online filing and payment options for businesses.
- Individual Income Tax electronic filing: Filing your Individual Income Tax return electronically using a reputable vendor is safer and faster. Visit dor.sc.gov/iit-filing to learn more. After you file, check your refund status online at dor.sc.gov/refund.
- dor.sc.gov: Find general tax information, FAQs, guides, policy documents, and more on our website.
- Email or web messages are the best way to contact the SCDOR.
- Find the email address for the tax area you need at dor.sc.gov/contact.
- Send a message through your MyDORWAY account by logging in and clicking Send DOR a Message in the I Want To menu.
- If you have to visit our office in-person for assistance, please come alone or limit the number of people in your group.
Get the latest news updates from the SCDOR on Facebook and Twitter and by subscribing to our email lists. For your personal security, please do not submit questions with personal information on social media.