By Marilyn Markel for The Island Connection
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp Onion Obsession blend
½ tsp (about 30 grinds) Herbal Garden blend
½ tsp Pink Pepper Berries, crushed with a spoon
- In a saucepan cover eggs with at least 1 inch of water and turn on heat to medium. Allow eggs to come to a soft boil. Remove the pan from heat and cover for 12 minutes.
- Cool eggs quickly by pouring out water and adding ice to the pan.
- Peel the eggs, cut in half and allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard, onion blend and herb blend.
- Here is the secret: Pop yellow yolks out of the egg into the mayonnaise. Using a hand mixer combine eggs and mayonnaise mixture. Gradually increase speed to high and beat for a couple of minutes until the mixture is creamy. Scoop yolk mixture back into the whites or get a piping bag and large star tip. Swirl out yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Garnish with pink pepper berry and chill until ready to serve.
Marilyn Markel is the General Manager of The Spice and Tea Exchange in Charleston, a gourmet spice and tea shop that inspires her cooking on a daily basis. One of the top culinary instructors in the South, she is the author of Southern Breads cookbook by Arcadia Publishing.