By Marilyn Markel for The Island Connection
2 cups flour
⅛ tsp salt
2 sticks butter, cut into 16 pieces
2-4 Tbsp ice water
2 cups peppery baby arugula, rough chopped
¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
8 oz Camembert, cubed
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup cream
fleur de sel, to taste
• Combine flour and salt in a food processor and pulse a few times. Add butter and pulse until mixture is a coarse meal. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time until mixture starts to form a ball. Form into 2 discs and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill.
• On a lightly floured surface roll out each dough disk to about 12 inches.
• Scatter arugula and red onions up to 1 inch of the edge of the tart. Dot with Camembert and sprinkle with pine nuts.
• Fold remaining dough over filling and brush with cream. Sprinkle tart with fleur de sel, or your favorite salt.
• Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until dough is cooked through. Cool slightly slice into wedges and serve.
Makes 2 tarts, serves 12 as a first courseTweet