By The Resort Shop for The Island Connection
DON’T be afraid to buy bold prints out of your comfort zone. DO keep accessories simple when going bold.
• DON’T be afraid to mix up prints. DO be sure they are in the same color family.
• DO purchase printed accessories like belts, headbands, purses, and shoes. DON’T over do it with one particular print. Head to toe leopard is not a good look on anyone.
• DON’T pile on too many patterns on any one region of your body. DO give the eye a break by incorporating solids into your look.
• DO be mindful of the scale of the print. DON’T mix patterns of the same size.
• DON’T pair polka dots with plaid. DO pair polka dots with stripes.
• DO be sure to check yourself in a mirror from all angles. DON’T wear a print with an ill-placed pattern.
• DO pair items together to make your outfit look like a piece of art. DON’T wear anything you have to squint at.
Whether it’s gingham, tie-die, geometric, or animal DON’T be afraid to spice up your summer look with prints.